National Teacher Day in Ghana



For my blog post today, I am going to be speaking about teachers in Ghana. Madam Faustina Cobson was declared to be the number one teacher for this year, 2017. This teacher, teaches in Richard Acquaye Memorial School, which is located in a ‘suburbs of the capital, Acca. For all the hard work, time, and dedication into her students, she is rewarded with 50,000 cedis, which is approximately 11,000 dollars. This teacher is also guaranteed a life insurance package, and a three bedroom house. Madam and many other teacher, have been asking their government to have a day to celebrate the effort of teachers. But after some time, this dream was accomplished to Madam, because now we celebrate the 23rd National teachers day. Teachers are recognized for their hard work, that they are receiving, life changing gifts. Being a teacher in African I feel is a tough job, because not every kid is born with the right to go to school. At a young age, children began to help out at home, farms, and agriculture. If I was a teacher that lived in Africa, I feel like I would want all my children to go to school, in order to change their lives, and walk a different path.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 wives

Plaque in Madagascar